Back-Up from Irish Life Health
The Smart Way to Overcome Back & Neck Pain
Back or neck pain will affect many of us at some point, but if tackled early and managed correctly, most people make a full and fast recovery and get back to enjoying every aspect of their lives. To support you in this, Irish Life Health have brought together a panel of clinical experts to create Back-Up, an innovative case management service providing advice on prevention, treatment and rehabilitation for neck and back pain. Back-Up offers expert assessment and treatment, should you need it, with up to 8 physio sessions for a one-off payment of just €50. Research has shown that issues with the neck or back will have the most improvement when managed as soon as possible following their onset. With this in mind Back-Up is targeted at issues that have occurred within 6 months or are a flare up of a longstanding issue.
How Back-Up Works
If you experience any back or neck pain take the following steps to get Back-Up:
We’ll check a time and location that’s convenient for you, then book a triage assessment with a clinical case manager.
He or she will assess your injury and recommend a personalised treatment plan. This treatment plan may consist of a tailored home exercise programme via an online app or a referral for face-face physiotherapy with one of our network of Chartered Physiotherapists.
Unfortunately the following patient groups are not eligible to avail of the Back-Up cover:
- Patients who are currently pregnant (however if you have written clearance from your GP then an assessment can be done which will determine your individualised treatment programme)
- Patients who have an issue that is not located in the neck or back
- Longstanding injury which the patient has been experiencing for more than 6 months
- Patients who are under 18 years of age
- Patients who are seeking rehabilitation following a surgical procedure
- A minimum of 4 months is required between completion/discharge from the programme before you can access a further treatment programme