This service is accessible from anywhere in the world and provides peace of mind with medical information and advice just a phone call away at any time of the day or night.
The service includes:
- The opportunity to discuss symptoms and worries confidentially
- General medical advice and discussion on common medical problems
- Travel health information pre and post travel
- Pre- and post operative treatment advice
- Advice and information on a range of lifestyle issues such as dietary information, sports injuries and sexual health
- Medication information
- Information and support through pregnancy
To access the service call 01 562 5150
Are you a new mum or mum-to-be?
Do you need help or advice during your pregnancy or following the birth of your baby?
Our Nurse-on-Call phone line gives you access to a qualified nurse, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and can help with:
- Pregnancy health advice, e.g. travel, diet, exercise
- Coping with common pregnancy symptoms
- Vaccinations during pregnancy
- Infectious diseases affecting pregnancy
- Potential miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy advice
For any specialist issues, the nurse may refer you to a midwife or your own GP. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms you should seek urgent medical attention from your doctor or nearest medical facility:
- Bleeding or leaking fluid from the vagina
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- Unusual or severe abdominal or back pain
- A persistent severe headache and visual disturbances
- Decrease in baby’s activity level after 28 weeks of pregnancy
- Contractions that occur before 37 weeks of pregnancy and happen every 10 minutes or more often
- Thoughts of wanting to harm yourself or your baby
If you have symptoms which require a physical examination then we’ll advise you to see your own GP. Service provided by Healix Medical Services.